Konstantinos Gκaravelas is Assistant Professor of Education and Didactics of Language at the Department of Philosophy, School of Humanities, at the University of Ioannina. He has published his research results in prestigious Greek and international journals and his works have been included in the proceedings of national and international conferences. In addition to his publishing activities, he has many years of research experience and is the director of the Laboratory of Educational Research and School Life at the same department.
O.G.G. of Appointment
Philosοphy Department School of Philosophy University Campus PO Box 1186 PC 45500, Ioannina, Greece
Konstantinos Gkaravelas is a graduate of the Department of German Language and Literature of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He also graduated from the Inter-Faculty Postgraduate Programme in Language and Communication Sciences of the Departments of French, German and Italian Language and Literature and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the Faculty of Philosophy of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He received his PhD in Educational Sciences from the Department of Philosophy, Education and Psychology of the University of Ioannina.
- Didactics of Language
- Critical Literacy
- Use of ICT in Language Teaching
- Gkaravelas K. (2012), The Competence of Greek High School Students at the End of Compulsory Education in Language Use. In Language Teaching and Research. Vol. 6, pp. 1082-1087.
- Gkaravelas K. (2015), Social background and its impact on understanding every-day texts at the final phase of compulsory education, in: Androulakis G. (ed.), Geographical and social varieties of Modern Greek Language and their presence in Education: Proceeding of the 4th Linguistics Conference “Tzartzania”, organized by the Laboratory for the Study, Didactics and Dissemination of Modern Greek Language
- Gkaravelas K. (2016), Reflections on Language Didactics: Navigating through the Educational Systems of Greece and Finland, in: Educational Circle, vol. 4 (2/2016), pp. 95-108.
- Gkaravelas K., Sevi A. & Lagou V. (2021). Infrastructure and Τeaching: University Students’ impressions on completion of their internship in Greek public schools. International Journal of Education, vol. 13 (4), pp. 119-136, ISSN 1948-5476. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5296/ije.v13i4.19200
- Gkaravelas K. & Mathioudaki. Κ. (2022), “Critical Literacy through WebQuests in foreign language teaching: A case study. The International Journal of Literacies”, vol. 29 (1), pp. 11-25, ISSN: 2327-0136 (print edition), ISSN: 2327-266X (online edition), DOI: https://doi.org/10.18848/2327-0136/CGP/v29i01/11-25
Tuesday: 09.00 -11.00
Friday: 10.00 -12.00